Legacy Academy is proud of our early care and education environments. Our interior and exterior designs support our educational philosophy and in many ways act as an additional teacher, supporting in its own way the development of our young children.
The Legacy Academy learning environment is arranged in learning centers to meet the needs of children and staff and to facilitate learning across each of the domains of learning (social, emotional, physical and cognitive). Children are encouraged to participate in a variety of learning activities appropriate for their level of development.
Active play, learning centers, projects and other child-centered experiences provide opportunities to integrate literacy and social skills development. Our children are encouraged to become independent learners by making choices and accepting responsibility. Our classrooms are equipped with innovative, inviting materials designed and chosen to teach, challenge, amuse and interest children of all ages.
- Allowing parents and our management team to continually monitor our classrooms, front lobby, patio, and entrance.
- Allow for easy viewing of each of our classrooms from many vantage points.
- The entrance door is equipped with an electronic lock that locks automatically to prevent unauthorized entry.
- Our playgrounds are specifically designed for different age groups and you’ll find children having fun and developing physical and social skills.
- Our covered patios with infant shade pavilions allow for plenty of shade on hot days.
- Resilient surfacing and water features spray from above and below provide a safe, cool, and fun summer activity.
- Family style dining is an important part of our program as it gives children an opportunity to socialize, learn self help skills, and practice good eating habits.
- The TLC Room offers a comfortable place for sick children to be cared for until they are picked up from school.